Get out. Get active. Get healthy!
Connecticut’s bounty of natural and physical amenities - greenways, multi-use paths, parks, and forested area are some of the state’s greatest assets for encouraging physical activity. The Department of Energy and Environmental Protection (DEEP) estimates that there are over 2,000 miles of multi-use trails within CT State Parks and Forests alone (and likely over 3,000 miles including those not in the park system).
Connecticut Trails Programs
Connecticut Trail Census
The Connecticut Trail Census consists of trail use counts recorded by infrared pedestrian counters, trail user intercept surveys administered by trained volunteers, and public education programs.
Connecticut Trail Finder
The Connecticut Trail Finder website is Connecticut's go-to resource for discovering trails across the state. All trail postings are manager-approved ensuring that trail information is accurate and up-to-date.
Active Living (PATHS)
People Active on Trails for Health and Sustainability (PATHS) is a team at UConn committed to understanding and promoting the benefits of trails and natural resources for health, community & economic development.
CT Trails Blog
- Connecticut Trail Finder is Hiring! Apply for the Paid Student Internship, Fall 2021Posted on September 2, 2021
- My Environmental Story: An End of a ChapterPosted on August 20, 2021
- My Environmental Story: I can do more.Posted on August 16, 2021
- Making Connections in Keney ParkPosted on August 2, 2021
- My Environmental Story: A Lifetime of Loving the Great OutdoorsPosted on July 19, 2021
- CT Trail Finder: How to Turn it into an App!Posted on July 5, 2021